Plex Projects has a rewarding opportunity for an Independent Contractor to become an integrated team member performing Project Management Services for upcoming pipeline projects.
Why Plex Projects?
At Plex projects we live our values: Alignment of Interests, Candor, and Culture, and we enjoy working with a high-performance team where great people are empowered to be safe, innovative, ask questions, and don’t fear failure.
What sets us apart is not what we do, but how we do it. At Plex, we value the creation of a single, collaborative project team whose interests are fundamentally aligned with the success of the project to deliver industry-leading expertise in the planning and execution of pipeline projects. This is accomplished using the Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) model.
IPD is a delivery system that seeks to align interests, objectives, and practices, through a team-based approach. Rather than each party focusing exclusively on their scope without considering the implications on the whole project, the IPD method brings all participants together with collaborative incentives and shared risks to maximize value for the Project Owner.
Because of our mutually aligned interests, we are results-focused and deliverable-based. Our team members have the flexibility to work how, when, and where they need to. Everyone has a voice; everyone makes an impact.
We foster a positive project environment where our collective commitment to performance excellence is demonstrated through our project success incentives. Here we appreciate and recognize the impact our team members make by sharing project profit with the project team.
Plex provides exciting opportunities to work in emerging industries, including pipeline abandonment and change of service; enabling team members to build expertise that sets them apart from the crowd.
You are an entrepreneurial-minded professional who is internally motivated to continually learn new skills and deliver exceptional results.
You are independent, value collaboration and contribute to building a positive team environment, sharing knowledge and maintaining open communication with team members, project owner representatives, construction contractors and other stakeholders.
You bring 10+ years of pipeline-related project management experience with a deep understanding of the owner’s perspective.
You are safety-minded and known for managing the details while maintaining a long term view, which allows you to consistently complete projects on time and on budget.
You have proficiency with current project management technology tools such as MS Project, P6, Power BI, etc.
Other assets you may bring to the table (not required, but beneficial):
- PMI certification
- Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) model experience
- Experience in aspects of pipeline abandonment such as pipeline cleaning, pipeline excavation, or site reclamation.
What You Will Do
- Develop project objectives and identify key milestones in collaboration with the project team.
- Develop the project execution plan as per the PMI bodies of knowledge.
- Facilitate estimate and schedule development with the project team.
- Manage projects and project teams, including scope, schedule, quality, resources, costs, and changes to ensure key milestones and activities are achieved on time and budget.
- Oversee and plan project safety, adhering to the relevant safety management system.
- Encourage and support effective communication and collaboration among project team members, maintain the project MS Teams site.
- Travel to the field as appropriate to meet the project objectives.
- Continuously interact with project owners, contractors, and other stakeholders to manage expectations and meet project owner requirements.
- Regularly assess project risks, proactively highlighting risks and responses to the project team as appropriate.
- Facilitate post project lessons learned session and implement continuous improvement initiatives as per the Plex quality management system.
If you are interested in working for an entrepreneurial, dynamic, exciting, growing company where you can make a difference, apply today by uploading your resume at https://plexprojects.ca/careers/!