Plex Projects has a rewarding opportunity for an Independent Contractor to become an integrated team member performing Project Engineer Services for upcoming pipeline projects.
Why Plex Projects?
At Plex projects we live our values: Alignment of Interests, Candor, and Culture, and we enjoy working with a high performance team where great people are empowered to be safe, innovative, ask questions, and don’t fear failure.
What sets us apart is not what we do, but how we do it. At Plex, we value the creation of a single, collaborative project team whose interests are fundamentally aligned with the success of the project to deliver industry leading expertise in the planning and execution of pipeline projects. This is accomplished using the Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) model.
IPD is a delivery system that seeks to align interests, objectives, and practices, through a team-based approach. Rather than each party focusing exclusively on their scope without considering the implications on the whole project, the IPD method brings all participants together with collaborative incentives and shared risks to maximize value for the Project Owner.
Because of our mutually aligned interests, we are results focused and deliverable based. Our team members have flexibility to work how, when and where they need to. Everyone has a voice; everyone makes an impact.
We foster a positive project environment where our collective commitment to performance excellence is demonstrated through our project success incentives. Here we appreciate and recognize the impact our team members make by sharing project profit with the project team.
Plex provides exciting opportunities to work in emerging industries, including pipeline abandonment and change of service; enabling team members to build expertise that sets them apart from the crowd.
You are an entrepreneurial minded professional who is internally motivated to continually learn new skills and deliver exceptional results.
You are independent, value collaboration and contribute to building a positive team environment, sharing knowledge and maintaining open communication.
You hold a P.Eng. designation with APEGA, bring 8+ years of pipeline engineering experience and have a passion for mentoring and developing E.I.T.’s.
You are an innovative technical expert, skilled in design and technical writing for specifications, reports, presentations.
You are a skilled communicator, regularly engaging in open dialogue with team members, project owner representatives, construction contractors and other stakeholders.
Other assets you may bring to the table (not required, but beneficial):
- Experience in aspects of pipeline abandonment such as pipeline cleaning, pipeline excavation, or site reclamation.
- Registration as a P.Eng. in another jurisdiction.
What You Will Do
- Complete and oversee all aspects of design and project deliverables for pipeline projects including design basis, working with the PM to develop the scope of work, calculations, data acquisition, engineering assessments, reports, specifications, etc.
- Oversee the work of E.I.T.’s, providing effective mentorship and development, with the opportunity to represent Plex as a Registered Member (RM).
- Work collaboratively across team based platforms such as SharePoint, MS Teams, One Drive, etc.
- Support PMs and project teams with solutions that drive efficiency, quality, safety and support the project budget and timelines.
- Travel to the field and provide leadership, gain the respect of field personnel as a trusted advisor.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with PMs and project team members.
- Proactively interact with project owners, contractors, and other stakeholders to manage expectations and meet project owner requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a team member in an entrepreneurial, dynamic, exciting, growing company where you can make a difference, apply today by uploading your resume at https://plexprojects.ca/careers/!