Plex Projects has a rewarding opportunity for an Independent Contractor to become an integrated team member performing Engineer-in-Training Services for upcoming pipeline projects.
Why Plex Projects?
At Plex projects we live our values: Alignment of Interests, Candor, and Culture, and we enjoy working with a high performance team where great people are empowered to be safe, innovative, ask questions, and don’t fear failure.
What sets us apart is not what we do, but how we do it. At Plex, we value the creation of a single, collaborative project team whose interests are fundamentally aligned with the success of the project to deliver industry leading expertise in the planning and execution of pipeline projects. This is accomplished using the Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) model.
IPD is a delivery system that seeks to align interests, objectives, and practices, through a team-based approach. Rather than each party focusing exclusively on their scope without considering the implications on the whole project, the IPD method brings all participants together with collaborative incentives and shared risks to maximize value for the Project Owner.
Because of our mutually aligned interests, we are results focused and deliverable based. Our team members have flexibility to work how, when and where they need to. Everyone has a voice; everyone makes an impact.
We foster a positive project environment where our collective commitment to performance excellence is demonstrated through our project success incentives. Here we appreciate and recognize the impact our team members make by sharing project profit with the project team.
Plex provides exciting opportunities to work in emerging industries, including pipeline abandonment and change of service; enabling team members to build expertise that sets them apart from the crowd.
You are an entrepreneurial minded E.I.T. (APEGA), with basic pipeline experience and strong technical writing skills, who is internally motivated to deliver exceptional results.
You are independent, high performing and intellectually bright, eager to learn, and inclined to take initiative and be innovative.
You are skilled at developing tools, models and calculators and are resourceful working with technology such as AutoCAD and using macros in Excel, and other industry solutions.
You like working in the field and are a people person, able to connect and build rapport with operators and construction personnel, and communicate openly with team members, project owner representatives and other stakeholders.
What You Will Do
- Under the supervision of the Project Engineer, complete aspects of design and project deliverables for pipeline projects including design basis, calculations, data acquisition, engineering assessments, reports, specifications, etc.
- Develop tools to support project deliverables and Plex internal projects, such as models and calculators, and streamline existing tools.
- Work collaboratively across team based platforms such as SharePoint, MS Teams, One Drive, etc.
- Support PMs and project teams with solutions that drive efficiency, quality, safety and support the project budget and timelines.
- Travel to the field and provide leadership, gain the respect of field personnel as a trusted advisor.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues, project owners, contractors, and other stakeholders to manage expectations and meet project owner requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a team member in an entrepreneurial, dynamic, exciting, growing company where you can make a difference, apply today by uploading your resume at https://plexprojects.ca/careers/!